Thursday, December 11, 2014


I recently created Unix application called "calx". By default Unix has "cal" command, which displays console-based calendar. For MacOSX, however, I saw some frustrating points in the aspect of user experience(UX). For instance, the script never shows you current date in calendar(no syntax highlighting). So calx provides solution for this, it is highlighted in red. For ordinal developers they are reluctant to use GUI(Graphical User Interface) instead they want to do everything via terminal. In my case, I use tmux as such middleware, some MS-DOS users use emacs. (refer to the religious war(bellum) between vi and emacs lol) Anyway, i am really satisfied with the gorgeous console-based app i created for it meets my demands eventually. You can download my script here: https://github.com/keitaroemotion/calx

No comments:

Post a Comment